What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being cuddled up in bed with my cat and a good book or movie.
Which historical figure do you most identify with? This is heavy. Hmm. I’ll just go with some author because why not.
Which living person do you most admire? One of my former professors who is indescribably talented and I will envy her forever.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I too easily run away from confrontation or just shut down altogether.
What is the trait you most deplore in others? Disrespect.
What is your favourite journey? Going new places with people I love.
What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Politeness.
What do you dislike most about your appearance? My skin and its tendency to be broken out constantly.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse? ”Good Lord,” “Oh my God,” “Sweet Jesus,” “ARE YOU KIDDING?”
What is your greatest regret? I don’t think I’ve made any I regret that terribly. They all served a purpose.
What or who is the greatest love of your life? Right now, travel.
When and where were you happiest? February 2-June 1, Prague.
Which talent would you most like to have? I wish wish wish I’d learned how to play the guitar.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? That most days, I still feel quite insecure.
What do you consider your greatest achievement? Studying abroad. It was by far the biggest risk I’ve taken and by FAR the biggest reward.
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? A cat.
What is your most treasured possession? The rosary I bought at the church by my apartment.
What is your favourite occupation? Artists in any form.
What is your most marked characteristic? Probably my sense of humor.
What is the quality you like most in a man? Being understanding and gentle
What is the quality you like most in a woman? Same.
What do you value most in your friends? That it doesn’t matter how long we go without seeing each other or hanging out, our friendship never varies.
Who are your favourite writers? Chuck Palahniuk, Jason Myers, Christie Hodgen, etc.
Who is your favourite hero of fiction? The Narrator in Fight Club.
What is it that you most dislike? Indecisiveness.
How would you like to die? With ease of mind.
What is your motto? If you don’t take risks, you don’t live life.
In a perfect world, yes. I asked my parents if they would help me buy a program to help me learn Czech so that I can be proficient (or, in a perfect world, fluent) in it and I’m hoping that post-graduation, I’ll be able to take a trip back, even if just for a few weeks. The cost of living there is a fraction of what it is here (and I live in a state with one of the lowest CoL in the country), the country is beautiful, the people are reserved but incredibly polite and pleasant. I would adore to move back. Or really anywhere.
I always had on my life list to live in a foreign country for at least three months, and now that I know I can do that (in a country where I started knowing 0 of the language and no one, to boot), I want to challenge myself to do more. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Prague, but I will admit, I’ve fallen in love with Central/Eastern Europe, so ideally it would be somewhere there. Budapest, maybe. Or Slovakia, so that I could use my Czech and still get by.
The fact that I’ve gotten to a point in my life where moving to a foreign country isn’t a complete fantasy is thrilling and I can’t wait to see where my wanderlust takes me next.
The short list:
I’m going to act like these are a continuation of the listy things i’ve been doing on here.
18. I am mildly addicted to the combo of clothes I put together for my interview tonight. It’ll definitely be repeated, no shame.
19. I have no time for people who waste their time playing games with dating. This goes for guys who abide by the “three days before calling” rule and girls who refuse to text/call first. It’s completely pointless.
20. When I was 15, we were asked to write about where we saw ourselves in ten years, and their advice was to imagine an ideal life at that age. I couldn’t think of anything, all I saw was black, and I took that as a sign that I’d die before 25.
21. I like office supply shopping more than I like most people.
22. The amount of texts I’ve sent since getting back is disgusting. You have no idea how much I missed unlimited texting.
23. I love just about every movie made off a Stephen King book/story, but I tried to read The Shining a few years ago and I couldn’t get through it. I don’t like his writing style at all.
24. Speaking of, my dad owns every Stephen King book ever written, including those he wrote under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman.
25. I have a weird amount of knowledge about Stephen King if you hadn’t noticed.
26. I really love my handwriting. Like, more than I should.
27. I like quoting movies or TV shows that people may not know and being able to get away with a line that I stole from someone else and getting the credit.
8. I take being polite more seriously than most people realize.
9.I make the most bomb macaroni and cheese on earth.
10. I never read just one book at a time. I’m currently reading three, and I need to buy a fourth.
11. I actually really do love soccer, even if “I live on the wrong continent” for that, as the Finnish woman at the Chelsea game told me.
12. I just talked to two of the people from Prague and I realized just how big of an impact they had on me loving Prague so much.
13. I’m crazy sad I still haven’t gone to a Royals game since going back (but i’m excited to go to the Eric Hosmer bobble head game!)
14. This semester has opened me up to wanting to go to so many different places than I ever thought of. I’d always wanted to go to most of Europe and then some other places, like Russia and Egypt and South Africa, but I’ve started to want to go everywhere. The Middle East, on a safari, Brazil, Chile, Argentina… It’s made me more adventurous (which makes my parents even more nervous, haha).
15. My feet are currently a higher percent callus than actual skin of my foot. It’s disgusting. Europe killed my feet.
16.i’m honestly a little glad the job I got will only last for a few weeks because I kind of need a relaxed summer after my last semester.
17. I get attached to everything too quickly. People, TV shows, foods, music, etc.
Thank you :D
Seriously, fuck pants, y’all.
Office Max is my porn.